Spicy, yellow sauce based on a curry mixture. This sauce is an excellent accompaniment to chicken and other poultry.
Vegetable oil, water, egg yolk, vinegar, curry (4%) (spices, chickpeas, herbs, salt), mustard (water, vinegar, mustard seeds, salt, herbs and spices), salt.
Preservative: sorbic acid.
Chicken Curry RollFor 2 people
how to prepare
- 2 small wholemeal baguettes
- 6 boned chicken drumsticks
- pepper, salt and olive oil
- 2 granny smith apples, cut in pieces
- 2 small cos lettuces, washed and cut into strips
- sprouts (your choice)
- La William Curry sauce
- Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper. Fry in a little oil until crisp and cooked through, turning regularly. Remove from pan, cover and leave to cool. Cut into pieces.
- Cut the baguette in two. Spread both sides with a generous layer of Curry sauce. Place lettuce on one side, then chicken and apple on top. Cover with sprouts and close with other half of the baguette.
Tip: This makes for a delicious and easy lunch, even on the go. And a great way to use up leftover roast chicken from the night before.
With a touch of India
Curry originally comes from India where the word 'kari' means sauce. The spice mixes used were soon adopted by the English, whereby the word became mangled into 'curry'. Curry is also an essential ingredient in Thai cuisine.
At La William, we make our Curry with real Madras curry. A little extra chilli powder makes for a delicious, spicy taste. We spent 7 months searching for the ideal curry for our Curry sauce. But our patience was rewarded: the spice mix we now use was developed especially for La William. And you can tell by the taste!Read more great stories!